by Lisa McClung
I know many of you have purchased my Bird/Parrot Teaching CD and have many questions on how to teach your bird to talk!
My parrot is now 8 years old. The video that is shown on the website was when my parrot was only 2 years old! We are now up to saying over 55 praise words! How exciting!!!
Some of you may be wondering how I was able to teach my bird to speak so many words!
First – I continually quoted scriptures to God all the time!!! Here are just a few of them:
“Let everything that has breath of life praise the Lord! Praise the Lord! Hallelujah!” (AMP) – Psalm 150:6
“Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you shall receive, and your joy will be complete!” – John 16:24
“Jesus looked at them and said, ‘With man this is impossible, but with God all things are Possible.'” – Matthew 19:26
“Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart” – Psalm 37:4
I prayed all of the time for God to give my parrot the desire to Praise the Lord! I read my Bible and meditate on God’s promises and I pray to be obedient to all His ways.
This is how I personally taught my parrot to say Praises to God:
About 10 minutes 3-5 times per week I hold my parrot in the Morning or Evening, and review words slowly and clearly. I know it sounds like a lot of time and hard work, but if you purchased my DVD you will see or hear a whole chapter of my parrot in worship praising God (all in sub-titles). Try holding a grudge against someone when your parrot is saying (FORGIVE) all day! Ha Ha! Plus, my parrot does not talk in front of me all the time so it took me 1½ years to get that footage on my DVD. My parrot is talking, but never in the picture! I never realized how much climbing and exercise my parrot gets until I watched all of the videos!!!
I play the CD every time I leave my home…. I do not forget!!! I hit the repeat button and leave. Once each week, I play the CD while I am at home, and I keep repeating the words slowly and clearly.
I waited until my Parrot started saying the words from the CD then we practiced the words my Parrot wanted to say!!!
Here are some questions that many people have asked me over the years!
- Question: How long did it take for my parrot to say the words from the CD? Answer: 2 months
- Question: How many words did your parrot say the first year? Answer: 25 words
- Question: What were my parrot’s first words, and at what age? Answer: Jesus then Jerusalem. My parrot started talking at 3 months old!
- Question: What was my parrot’s first phrase? Answer: Thank you Jesus & Jerusalem at 6 months old.
- Question: What kind of diet is my parrot on? Answer: 90% pellet, 10% seed & nuts. Fresh organic fruits and vegetables that are all hand washed with a veggie wash. Plenty of sunlight (but not direct), and fresh air when we open our windows often (because I live in Florida). Also, I only give my parrot filtered water to drink.
- Question: Where did you purchase your parrot? Answer: If you live in the Orlando, Florida area I highly recommend Feathers of the Wild at Rennigers Flea Market Mt. Dora, Fl, Aisle E – John Halecki. He can be reached at (352) 516-0130.
- Question: Do you talk all day to your bird while you are home? Answer: Yes, I repeat the words my parrot says all day long! Smile
- Question: When does your parrot mostly talk? Answer: My parrot never talks until I get up!!! Mostly in the morning. We start Praising God!!!
- Question: Do you take your parrot to get its wings & nails clipped? Answer: Yes very often which is free with purchase!
- Question: Do you have other birds? Answer: No
- Question: Is taking care of parrots a lot of work? Answer: YES!!!
Smile God Loves You!!!
Hands of Praise